In a wonderful guest column at The Hollywood Reporter titled “Why Acting Is ‘A Seesaw of Death’”, Emmy-nominated GLOW star Betty Gilpin offers hilarious and painful insight on the ups and downs of acting. Choice quotes:
“Being an actor feels like your ego is on a violent pendulum swing between a field of cashmere and a casual tub of knives. Depending on how the industry is treating you that hour, you either feel like a Mariah Carey sultan or a near-dead irrelevant possum, flashing people for change on the 405.”
“If you are working, it can be easy to start to confuse the concept of being a replaceable flesh puppet with being a member of the royal family.”
“When I or an actor friend is too mired in Mariah-sultan-ville or self-loathing-possum-land, a stable friend must gently lead us back into reality, reminding us of things like Christmas with family and nuclear weapons.”
- A number of Talking Dead staffers have left in response to Chris Hardwick’s return. (via SYFY)
- In reviewing the new Paul Walker documentary, Jalopnik writer Kristen Lee writes about how it talks around Walker’s relationships with underage girls.
Here’s Sharp Objects director Jean-Marc Vallee and creator Marti Noxon talking about Wind Gap’s holiday, Calhoun Day.
- If you happened to buy a foraging cooking book that recommended you eat raw mushrooms and elderberries, uh, think about returning it. (via Buzzfeed)
- Betsy DeVos is scrapping more regulations WHAT ELSE IS NEW. (via NY Times)
- A Bob’s Burgers movie is in the works! (via CBR)
Full Frontal made a Space Force anthem!
That’s it for what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Powered by WPeMatico